4.30.2014

Baby Girl

Michael and I are thrilled to be having a little girl!

We would have been just as happy to find out we were having a boy.  I wouldn't have minded at all to be a mom of 5 boys.  But we are over the moon excited about having a little girl join our family.

The whole experience feels brand new again.  When we had the ultrasound with Maverick and found out he was a boy we were thrilled and excited, but this time it just feels like a whole new experience.  I can't quite put it into words so I'll just leave it at that.

The day we had our ultrasound we got home, Michael went to work and the boys went do for a nap.  What did I do you ask?  Well I jumped on the computer and started looking at fabric for blankets and cute hair bows!  Ya I was excited.

Anyway, I just wanted to take some time today to document some of the little girl things I am crushing on right now.

When we moved into this house I designed the nursery (which is almost finished) to be gender neutral   I wanted it that way because Maverick was already 1 and if we did have a girl I didn't want to turn around and redecorate.  I'm going to keep the nursery pretty much the same.  I'll probably add a few girly elements but I really love it the way it is.

Here is some fabric I fell in love with last week.  I think I'll make a quilt with this fabric.



Isn't this swimsuit just the cutest thing ever.  I'm sure it would cost $$$ but I can dream right! ;)



And I love these headbands



I also really like the hair bows and head bands that Michael's friend's wife Kristen makes and sells on ETSY.  You should check out her shop.


I'm not getting started on anything for the little lady yet.  I still feel like I have a lot to organize around our house (it takes FOREVER to feel "moved in"), and I want to finish things up downstairs and in Elijah's room first.  The nesting stage has already begun. 

So for now I'll work and wait for a little of 5 months to meet this little girl.  




1 comment:

  1. So fun! I can't wait to see your darling little girl. And, how lucky to have two awesome big brothers?!

    ReplyDelete